- Global Prisons Research Network (GPRN) Roundtable Meeting ‘Connecting Urban and Prison Ethnographies: Security and Confinement Beyond the Limitations of Site’ November 2-3, University of Amsterdam.
- ‘The Political Materiality of Cities’, International Workshop, September 28-29, University of Amsterdam. Organized by Rivke Jaffe and Francesca Pilo’.
- Session on ‘Security at Large: Governance and Citizenship beyond the State’ at AAA Annual Meeting in Denver, November 18-22. Organized by Rivke Jaffe, Tessa Diphoorn and Erella Grassiani.
- Plural Security in the City, a conference organized by the University of Amsterdam, Conflict Research Unit of Clingendael, and the Knowledge Platform Security & Rule of Law took place on October 22.
- The International Symposium Jerusalem: a City Disunited (February 12-13) was organized by gate48, SECURCIT, De Balie, and CREA.
- The workshop titled Predicting the City: (new) science and technology in the governance of urban risk took place on February 6, at Pakhuis de Zwijger.
- The workshop Security at Large: Violent Exchanges and Citizenship Beyond the State, organized by SECURCIT and DIGNITY – Danish Institute against Torture, took place on January 19 and 20, at the University of Amsterdam.
- Under the theme, and title, Security on the Move (Amsterdam, Sep 10 – 12, 2014), the SECURCIT research group, in cooperation with gate48 and De Balie, organized a series of events on security mobilities, which included a screening of the documentary The Lab, on Israeli security technologies in Palestine and beyond, and the public lecture Cybershadows: New Security Realities in a Digital World, by Professor Carolyn Nordstrom.
- Two SECURCIT researchers, namely Dr. Erella Grassiani and Dr. Tessa Diphoorn, organised and chaired a panel titled Security and Citizenship at the European Association of Social Anthropology (EASA) conference held in Tallinn, Estonia on July 31-August 3, 2014.
- On May 6, 2014, the SECURCIT team participated in the event titled The Deadly Life of Logistics: from Military Art to Corporate Science, with Deborah Cowen (University of Toronto). The event was organized by the Moving Matters research group (University of Amsterdam).
- On March 24 2014, SECURCIT held a panel titled Security, development and inequality at the EADI Executive Committee in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.